- Laterally navigate the obstacle using only hands upon and within the holds and holes found within a single lane.
- Ring the bell.
- Any part of the body touching the ground between the start and the bell being rung.
- Touching the top of the obstacle.
- Touching any of the holds or holes on the wall with feet.
- A competitor must start from or behind the starting step.
- A competitor is committed to their lane and considered to have attempted the obstacle once both of the competitor’s feet have left the starting step.
- A competitor may place their feet and/or knees against the wall for support, however their feet or knees may not touch any of the handholds, including stepping upon or placing a knee into the cutouts.
- A competitor may use any combination of the holds provided.
Source: 2023 Spartan Rules of Competition