- Traverse the spinning bars using only the hands and arms. Feet must not touch the ground to create an advantage.
- Ring the bell.
- Failure to ring the bell.
- Feet touching the ground to create an advantage.
- Using vertical truss as a ladder to start the obstacle, traverse or complete the obstacle.
- Feet or legs touching any of the bars, including traversing above the bars on top of the obstacle.
- A competitor is considered to have attempted the obstacle once both of their feet have left the starting step.
- A competitor may use horizontally located truss to start the obstacle, or transfer during the traverse phase of the obstacle.
Source: 2023 Spartan Rules of Competition