- Traverse the monkey bars from one end to the other using only the hands and arms.
- Ring the bell.
- Feet touching the ground to create an advantage in completing the obstacle.
- Using vertical truss as a ladder to start the obstacle, traverse or
complete the obstacle.
- Feet or legs touching the bars, including traversing above the
bars on top of the obstacle.
- Failure to ring the bell.
- A competitor is considered to have attempted the obstacle once both of the competitor’s feet have left the starting step.
- A competitor may use horizontally located truss to start the
obstacle, or transfer during the traverse phase of the obstacle.
Source: 2022 Spartan Rules of Competition